Let A be the set of all students of a boys school. Show that the relation R in A given by R = {(a, b: a is sister of b} is the empty relation and R' = {(a, b: the difference between heights of a and b is less than 3 meters} is the universal relation.

Example 1: Let A be the set of all students of a boys school. Show that the relation R in A given by R = {(a, b: a is sister of b} is the empty relation and R' = {(a, b: the difference between heights of a and b is less than 3 meters} is the universal relation. 


Ans: Since, the school is boys school, no student of the school can be sister of any student of the school. Hence, R = ∅,  showing that R is the empty relation. It is also obvious that the difference between heights of any two students of the school has to less than 3 metres. This shows that R' = A X A is the universal relation.

Comments

  1. Hey there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why should a magnesium ribbon be cleaned before burning in air?

Diagonal Relationship between Beryllium and Aluminium || Relation between Beryllium and Aluminium

Banking of road || Inclination of road || Physics || Class 11 ||

Di nitrogen and dihydrogen react with each other to produce ammonia according to the following chemical equation

Changing Trends And Career in Physical Education Solutions || Objective Type Questions || Objective Answers Chapter 1 Class 11 Solution || Physical Education ||